Sunday, September 25, 2011

3 Weeks Already?? AY GARRABE! :)

Hoy!  Kumusta po kayo ang pamilya ko at mga kaibigan ko?! :)  Another week, another P-day another bunch of awesome spiritual experiences!  This place is the coolest.  Before I came I didn't really understand when people were telling me that days feel like weeks and weeks feel like days here but it's true.  I feel like I just emailed y'all yesterday! haha.  So the beginning of this week I had a day that was just frustrating for me and I was just stuck on  worrying about all of my shortcomings in the language and teaching and stuff.  It was hard for a day or two.  But I learned A LOT through these trials.  I learned that by turning to the Lord we will receive comfort and peace (Tatanggapin tayong kapayapaan at aliw :)  During personal study I prayed for help and these were the times that the frustration went away.  We just need to remember that our Father in Heaven is always there for us.  I really like the picture of the Savior standing outside a door with no handle on the outside, it brings home a great principle.  Our Savior is standing outside the door knocking and pleading with us to let him into our lives.  Not only in our hard times but during the good as well.  If we let him in, the things he directs us to do and think will always be best for us.  I've been worrying a lot about whether I'll be able to teach people well.  Growing up in Pleasant Grove I've had nearly no experience with non-members and sharing the gospel with others.  I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get across the message that I want others to know so badly.  I was talking to my teacher Bro. Nordstrom about it and he told me that I need to not worry about what I am doing so much and learn to love and focus on the investigator.  If I teach people with the spirit and teach them with love and think about them rather than myself things will work out great.
So I'm kinda super mucho de la excited to continue learning and get into the field.  The language is coming to me really well and I'm enjoying learning so much in such little time with the help of the Spirit.  My teacher said he was impressed with how well I was able to speak during our lesson with a BYU student yesterday, WOOT! :)  Sorry if you think my emails can be boring since they're so filled with spiritual awesomeness, this place is so amazing and filled with the Spirit that I'm not sure what else to write about! :)  Sooooo I heard a certain football team that may or may not be 5 minutes down the road from here won a game last Saturday by 1 point.  1 point?!!  TALAGA?!  ANO BA IYAN?! :)  haha.  Everybody ready for the big game next week?  We figured out that we'll be outside when the game starts against that team-which-must-not-be-named, so we'll be able to hear everything :)  Our building is actually the closest one to campus, we're right across the street from the Marriot Center and I can see the Bell Tower from our window.  Pretty Swelligant :)
Last Sunday all the Elders from the oldest district in our zone left for the Philippines.  LUCKY!  They were great examples and friends and I'll miss em.  Since they left I was called to be the Music Coordinator for our Branch.  WooHoo! :)  I'm way excited!  I get to choose all of the songs for Sacrament Meeting (we sing them in Tagalog), the songs for Priesthood Quorum, and I find someone to perform a Musical Number in Sacrament Meeting.  This week Sister Tebike from New Guinea is gonna sing and play acoustic guitar for us.  Should be sobrang astig :)
So I need all of you to help me with something.  As part of my practice for Tagalog I'm trying to translate quotes from movies and songs into Tagalog.  Stuff like "Magsimula Magsuot Lila Para Sa Akin Ngayon" (EPIC song, check it out on youtube hahaha :P) and "Kahit ano gusto ako gagawin! GOSH!" (Whatever I wanna do! GOSH! Well.. Gosh would be Ay Garrabe but it's not Napolean without the GOSH :)  So I need you guys to start sending me your favorite movie quotes or songs and I'll try and translate them into Tagalog and send them back to you.  Savvy?  Good :)
 
TAGALOG PHRASE OF THE WEEK:  "Hindi talikodan mo sa ako, Scar!" - MUFASA   "Don't turn your back on me Scar!" :P
 
Hope things are going well for all of you and you're enjoying prison.....  I mean... school :P  haha  Thanks for stuffing my mailbox!  I love you all!
 
Mahal ko po kayo! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment