Sunday, September 4, 2011

Kinda sorta FANTIDDLYASTIC week!!

Dear pamilya ko at mga kaibigan ko,
So yeah... this week? Kinda sorta FANTIDDLYASTIC!! :o) We have a General Authority come and speak at Devotional every Tuesday here and usually it's a member of the Quorum of the 70. Not this week though. JEFFREY R. HOLLAND WAS HERE!! Ay garrabe! It was amazing! He didn't prepare a talk for us because he wanted to be led by the Spirit as to what he would say to us, pretty cool eh? I took like 5 whole pages of notes haha. Not only were we lucky enough have an Apostle come but Jeffrey R. Holland is one of the most powerful, bold, spiritual speakers I've ever heard. The thing that stuck out to me from his talk the most was when he spoke of the image that we must uphold as missionaries. When we say that we are Representatives of Jesus Christ that should not just be a pick-up line for investigators :) It is a very real, a very sobering, and a very BIG statement. Elder Holland got very emotional, the way only he does, when he said, "People have EVERY RIGHT to think you are perfect. You DON NOT have the right to damage that image and make them think anything otherwise." What an amazing and humbling responsibility! That applies not only to those of us who have been set apart as missionaries, but it applies to each of YOU! :) You should live your lives in such a way that those who don't know Christ may come to know him because they know YOU. Even those in good ol' Happy Valley Utah can be great examples to those around them by striving to be like the Savior in all that you do. Help others come unto Him and feel of His love through you. Many of you have done that for me and I want to thank you for that :)
OK well enough of that ASTIG (cool:) spiritual stuff. Let's get down to the nitty gritty (Name that movie) :P This weeks been a lot of fun, we finally have permanent teachers! The first 2 weeks we got passed around to like 4 different subs. It stunk! haha. Our Teachers are Brother Lolohea who went to Olongapo, and Brother Doolin who went to.... Quezon City! Bro. Doolin has these awesome Tagalog scriptures that someone in the Philippines made for him. I can't wait to get into the field but I'm loving it here right now. We get gym time every day and I, of course, am stuck on Basketball. A lot of the other Elders like to switch it up by playing volleyball or the INTENSE 4 square that goes on here but Basketball is definitely what I'm stuck on :) Yesterday we taught RM's from the Philippines that go to BYU in tagalog. I asked one of them, "Ano nagaaral po kayo sa pamantasan?" (What do you study at University?) and he said Psychology. I got so excited I just about jumped out of my seat and shouted "AKO RIN!!!" (ME TOO!!) :) haha, it was fun speaking in tagalog to someone who's had some experiences like me.
OK so the Tagalog phrase of the week is: "Tatagin ko po ang ASTIG-ness sa akin??" or sa inggles: "Have I established my COOLness??" :)
MAHAL KITA! :D
P.S.
I am loving the food Mom. I've even started eating rabbit food for lunch and dinner haha. We had wannabe roast beef and potatoes last week that didn't work for me though haha. LOVE YA! Thanks for all the love and packages and the ASTIG Ammon action figure :) SA SUSUNOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment