Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Excited For General Conference!! Received 10-08-12

Wow!

That is pretty freaking big news! (The Missionary changes announced in Conference by President Monson.) Really exciting to hear that the option has now been opened up for so many new people to serve missions.  Also pretty cool to hear that it's making Chelsey think about going on a mission.  Haha, when I read that, I thought about how cool it would be to be in the same mission with a family member.  Yup. That would be the bomb :)  Also pretty exciting for Jason AND Ashlyn and all of my friends that are still home.  By the time I get home there won't be ANY available girls my age and I'll be guaranteed my year or 2 of freedom and fun! :D  Woot! haha :o)

Well now I'm even more excited for conference :) (Conference is delayed a week for his mission) This is like waiting for a movie or a book to come out and hearing spoilers or getting hints of the best parts in the days before its release haha :)  It's good to hear that missionary work will be a BIG focus of it.  I remember a lot of the talks last October were about missionary work and I learned a TON from them.  Haha, you're awesome mom :))  I'm pretty sure you think and care about those I teach at least as much as I do :)  I'm hoping that I'll be able to hear things in Conference that will help a lot of our Investigators and Less-Actives here.  Thanks for giving me the heads up on all the best ones.  I'm really excited for the talk from Elder Hales and, of course, from Elder Holland.  I think I've heard a version of Elder Holland's talk before.  It's amazing and when he talks about how we should be committed to the Savior he's so powerful!  Can't wait :)

Hahaha, glad to hear that I haven't been TOTALLY replaced by the dog :)  MAN!  The Cartao family seems completely disinterested at this point.  The last 2 times we went to their house they said they were busy and that we should come back next time.  Lame sauce!  Oh well, I'm sure things will work out the way the Lord wants.  They live about a 15 or almost 20 minute walk from the church... Not too far for missionaries that have walked 5 km's back and forth to teach the Brillantes family before but must be pretty far for people that don't go any further than the school 3 minutes away very often.... Again.... LAME SAUCE! :P

Well....... We didn't exactly make the pancakes and sausage.... but thanks! :o)  We went to a restaurant at a hotel/resort that was surprisingly nice for the Philippines.  The food tasted pretty good too :)  Too bad all we could do with the swimming pool was stare and wish :o)  We almost took a tour of the rooms just for fun, and to get pics to send home but decided not to.

Glad to hear Kylee had fun at SUU! :D  Hope things continue to go well with her in drama and school.  Good to hear the band has gotten big enough for 5A too even though the competition's tougher.  Awesome that Ashlyn has a solo as a Sophomore! :D  How's that Hunter kid doing? :)  He's playing football and soccer right now right?  How's it going?

Here's some inspiration for the family's goal to do more missionary work!  I thought you'd like it. :)
In my last area (Batasan 2nd Ward, Fairview Stake) we were teaching a brother that had married into a Less-Active member family.  He was converted and ready to baptize but we weren't able to baptize him because he and his wife still had to get their papers together and get officially married for him to be baptized.  He referred his Aunt and her family to us to teach.  I was excited because it was a big family to teach but I thought that they were pretty set on being Catholic and that it wouldn't go too far.  Despite that, they loved having us over and listening to us.  After about 2 weeks I was transferred and didn't know if it would go anywhere, thinking they would just eventually be dropped.  Last week I was talking to the missionary that replaced me there, and almost the entire family has been baptized! :D
It showed me that we shouldn't judge a book by its cover.  We can't tell how far-reaching the effects of our good deeds will go before we even try.  So even though you might be scared or shy to share the gospel, even though you think because you live in Utah you can't do anything, and even if you think what you do is too small to make a difference God will make a difference in other people's lives because of the actions you take.  Go Powell Fam!!!!! :D
Notice the Christmas tree behind them?

Love ya tons mom! :)  Thanks for always being SOOOOOO supportive to all of us in all that we do.  Whether it be sports, band, theater, or missions you've always been there.  Love and appreciate ya :)
BJ
They start celebrating Christmas in September in the Phillipines.

P.S.-Haha, pretty funny to hear someone say they thought they were gonna die because of the weather.  Not because it was SUPER HOT.  But because they were freezing cold!  That sure doesn't happen here, haven't heard anyone say they needed a sweatshirt for a long time.  Pretty sure I'm gonna freeze to death next summer haha :)

P.P.S-The picture is with Don-Don Tolentino.  His Grandma and sister were baptized last year and hopefully we'll baptize him Oct. 27 with Aiza Sta. Maria.  Woot :)  Get this:  His name is Donald and his sister's is Daisy..... not sure if they like Disney or not though haha

No comments:

Post a Comment