Sunday, December 9, 2012

Another Cool Experience In The 'Pines!! Received-12-05-2012

Hiya!

Haha, don't feel too bad for the turkey, he's in a happier place now :)  Haha, I was kinda bummed out that I missed out on the gutting but you're right it wasn't too terrible, got to keep my hands clean haha.  No Elder Hensley didn't do it alone, we had the other 2 elders from our branch, Elder Asetre and Elder Hendricksen, come over too.  I'll send you the video, I'm sure all you turkey lovers will enjoy it haha :o)  Yup, I'm feeling better, the runny nose and clogged throat are still here after 2 weeks but that's ok I'm hoping I'll survive :)  I think it actually might be because I'm in the city again with all the lovely pollution.

Alright, if you're skipping to the ?'s I'll skip to the answers.  With me maybe getting transferred next week, it's not for sure at all, that's the way things look and Elder Hensley and I feel at this point.  He's been in the mission for a long time and he's still a Junior comp so we think he'll stay here and President will make him a Senior while I get sent somewhere else.  Really a BIG bummer because the work here is going great and we've connected with the people really well.  We're hoping to have between 3 and 7 baptisms in the next month, but whether I'm here or not it'll be great if we're able to help them make that step.  I've REALLY enjoyed my time in this area and my time here with Elder Hensley.  He's really funny and a lot of fun and doesn't hesitate to act on fun crazy ideas.  EXAMPLE:  We bought airsoft guns the other day and had an airsoft war last night hahaha :) It was a BLAST.  The goal was to get into the house and keep the other guy out.  He hit me a bunch of times and the guns were pretty powerful so it kinda stung but I'm pretty sure I won... I gave him a HUGE welt to the forehead hahaha :)  Too bad I didn't take a picture I was pretty proud of myself.  We did end up knocking over a glass soda bottle in the kitchen but it was totally worth it :)

We were actually supposed to go to the temple today but Elder Hensley has an eye infection and hasn't felt well for the last bit so he slept in till 11 this morning and we weren't able to make it.  No worries though, I'll get another chance soon.

Sister L. is doing great haha, she's a LOT of fun.  She's got a funny story.  Before we got here she never let the missionaries into her house.  On her Teaching record it says that she's really shy and that she always hides from the missionaries and hadn't been to church for 4 years.  From the very 1st visit we made to her she has been SUPER nice and joking around and introduced her friends to the gospel and brought them to church every week.  She's da bomb! :)  We actually had a good time with them again at her neighbor's house the other day.  Her neighbor taught us how to cook(she was a chef in Israel for a couple years) and then we sang videoke haha.  Lots of fun, they really liked making me and Elder Hensley sing Beatles songs and we enjoyed singing them haha :)


I've actually got another really cool experience that I don't think I've told you yet.  We have 2 areas we work in: Road 12 and Towerville.  One night we were working in Road 12 and weren't planning on going to Towerville but when we finished working we had to drop someone who had worked with us off at their house in Towerville.  So we're leaving Towerville at about 9:20 at night to go home and eat and sleep when this lady says "Hi Elders".  Now here in the Pines because we're Americans EVERYONE says "hey you" or "hey Joe" or "Call me maybe" or "Teach me how to duggie" or a number of other annoying things so it was kinda normal and we were just gonna keep walking.  But the way she said it felt different so we stopped to to talk to her and her friend, found out she's a member and lives in Towerville.  So we find out where her house is and set an appointment for the next week.  Turns out that the night we ran into her was her first night there.  Her non-member sister was bringing her home from the airport at the time.  Right before she saw us she asked her sister if she knew where the church was or had seen any missionaries around and her sister hadn't.  So we ran into them at the PERFECT time where we might not have found them otherwise.  Also turns out that her sister (G. E) is a Golden Investigator and so is her whole family.  She's a guidance counselor at a High School and is very smart and religious and very open to our message.  She's accepted our whole message over the last couple weeks and hopefully she, her son, and cousin will be baptized on the 23rd of December.  Her husband is only available Saturday nights so we're going to meet him this week and it sounds like he's very interested too.  WOOT! :)  Heavenly Father definitely prepares people for our message and DIRECTS us to them so that we can find them.  There were too many coincidences that night for them to be just coincidences.  Super cool :)

Haha, you guys are the coolest, you probably made those missionaries' day :)  Keep taking good care of them and feeding them my roast, mashed potatoes and gravy eh?

Now Mom, when it comes to Christmas lights you know I'm never gonna stop loving those multicolored lights we had at the old house.  The red, green... blue, orange, and white ones?  Da bomb.  I miss em :)  You DEFINITELY hafta send me pictures of the house all lighted up next week so I can show em off here ok? :)

Man!  I know I've said this in probably every single email I send but I can't wait to get home and coach that Hunter kid into a Basketball star! :)  Tell him not to worry about it and practice hard and do better next week :)

Woot!  Congrats Karissa!  Ukraine sure will be a tiny bit colder than here.  How's James Smith doing with Cebu now? I bought a Cebuano book today so that I can learn how to speak it too hopefully haha.  So far I know Unsa imong ngalan? (What's your name)  Asa ka dapit? (Where are you)  and Maot ang imong Panagway(Your face is ugly) :o)  That'd be pretty cool if we got missionaries to China soon, hope it happens.

Sooo... Christmas is close!!  Which means.... We get to talk in a couple weeks!! :D  So we can do it on Dec. 23rd, 24th, or 25th.  Your choice, just let me know.  I'll make sure we get a couple hours.  The calling cards only cost $2 so don't worry about it.  I think I'll just call again, but would you like to Skype a little bit?  Not sure if I'll find somewhere to do it but if you want I can see what I can do.  Just lemme know what you want.

Have a Fantastimagical week!  Love y'all tons!
BJ

No comments:

Post a Comment