Monday, December 31, 2012

Maligayang Pasko at Masaganang Bagong Taon 12-31-2012

Mommaaaaaa!  Oooooooooo! :)

Hope me beginning letters like that doesn't get too old haha :)  Happy New Year to you too!  Here they say Maligayang Pasko at Masaganang Bagong Taon (Merry Christmas and a Bounteous New Year).  Psssh!!  I'm thinking you've got it backwards, you never do New Year's Resolutions cuz you're so amazing that you can't think of anything to improve on :)  Dad asked me about resolutions too.  I've never been very good at em either but with the end of my mission coming this year I'm thinking I'll wanna make a few.  I'm gonna finish the Book of Mormon in tagalog and then finish the standard works before the end of my mission.  I've found that throughout my life I've known a bunch about the Book of Mormon but not so much about the Bible.  Turns out the Bible is kinda sorta freaking amazing too.  And just in case you didn't already know... Jesus Christ is the greatest teacher/example/person EVER.  Cool stuff :)

Fur Coat/Gangham Style! 
I thought talking to you all was a pretty great Christmas gift too.  Sorry if I seemed a bit down, don't know if it comes with the season in the Mission Field or if I was just stressed haha :)  The phone call gave me a HUGE boost though.  Made me super happy to hear all your happy voices and hear how you're doing.

The week actually went quite fantastimagically superb after that.  The next day I found a GREAT scripture in my personal study that I wish I could have found earlier in my mission.  It's Jacob 3:1-2 and tells us that through having a firm mind we can feast on the love of God and be consoled in our afflictions.  I thought that was pretty awesome because I've struggled with stress at times on my mission and I liked the phrase "firmness of mind".  The firmness of mind had a footnote that led to Alma 57:27 that talked about the Stripling Warriors and how they were firm in mind because of their trust and faith in God.  It was SUPER cool and it's become my new motto :)

Epic fur coat/White Elephant for the Zone Christmas party!
Soooo cold in the 'Pines! 


Haha, I'm glad the Becca's were able to come over and have fun :)  Thanks for getting them a Christmas gift for me too.  Jesus the Christ really is the bomb, you should read it too! :)  It's kinda deep and takes some focus to understand it but when you do it's amazing.  Glad to hear Becca B's gonna have more time with the fam, hope she has fun at school.  Can't wait to see Becca O. here! :)  Still can't believe we're gonna be in the same mish haha


BJ's favorite tree at home

Wow!  Those pictures of the house are super pretty!  I'm dreaming of a white christmas but sounds like you finally got a good one :)  I remembering one year shoveling the Hatch's driveway with Dad when it snowed 2-3 feet one time!  Pretty awesome stuff.  I LOVE our little Christmas tree in the front yard!  I hope it ends up getting super tall like the ones in front of your old yellow house by the steel plant or whatever kinda plant that is haha.
 


Epic Snow Storm week of Christmas
Haha, glad you're being protective with Chelsey while I'm not there to be protective :)  Hope Jordface is for real.  That's pretty great advice his brother gave him.  I've found that especially reading a lot from the Book of Mormon every day helps a ton and brings it into our lives.  Make it one of our family's resolutions to finish it this year! :)

Yup, we get the international version called the Liahona.  (We asked him if he gets the Ensign.) It's exactly the same but cooler... if that makes sense :)  President Monson's talk was the bomb! :)

Loved the pics you sent haha :)  Thanks for all your love and support and for being the Pinaka-astig na nanay sa buong mundo! :D  Mahal na mahal kita!

Da Beej

No comments:

Post a Comment