Monday, April 23, 2012

Just do it

This last week was a lot better than last week haha.  I didn't wake up at 5 every day!  Maybe only 2 or 3 times haha, and the sickness is gone.  I've gotten even skinnier and but I'll work on getting my rice pouch back and put at least a tiny bit of meat on my bones :)

Elder Montemayor and Vincent
We baptized Vincent! :D  It was great because we've been working with and teaching him since all the way back in the middle of January.  His Mom and sister got baptized last December but for some reason he was never taught by the missionaries and it's hard for his mom to bring more than one of her kids to church.  He's super funny and is just a little fun loving kid.  We asked him who he wanted to baptize him and he thought about it and was like ummmm.... for 3 or 4 minutes.  He ended up choosing Elder Montemayor so he ended up getting his first baptism of the mission.  Woot! :)

The 2 baptisms that we were hoping to have on the 28th are getting pushed back to May 5.  We still have a couple things to teach them so we had to push it back a week so that we could help them be ready for it.  Pretty excited, they're both great people and already have strong testimonies of the church.

So yup, the focus of the mission is still rescuing the one.  Going out there and helping Less-Actives return to church is our job at this point and boy is it tough haha.  I don't know how to relate with people a lot of the time because I'm the goodie-good Utah Mormon boy that's never experienced anything in his life.  I don't regret that one bit :)  Love and miss my Utah bubble home a bunch.  The other missionaries tease me about it a lot but it's definitely the place for me :)  But yeah, it's kinda different trying to put myself in someone else's shoes sometimes but it's all good.  With basically everything I'm still trying to get the hang of it but even though it's hard by pushing through things will work out in the end :)  The leadership and organization in our ward is actually pretty good.  The Bishop is always SUPER busy, and it seems like not very many people have been given callings but the active members are VERY strong and all have a desire to help out.

Pretty funny actually.  When people think of missionaries or when a lot of people remember their missions they'll think of tracting.  Going up to houses like door to door salesmen for salvation.  Sounds like a pretty cool title actually... Who needs superheroes when you've got... duh duh duh... SALVATION SALESMEN!! haha :o)  But yeah... back to the point :)  I haven't ever tracted in my entire mission.  Elder Sidillo didn't believe in it.  Elder Mika didn't believe in it.  And now I don't know what to think about it haha :)  With the focus on returning Less-Active families the church is hoping that we'll find investigators through the Less-Actives we teach.  Like maybe they'll have a kid that isn't baptized and we'll teach everyone the discussions.  But yup, no tracting adventures yet.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience of having to take leadership mom.  I like what you said about not really ever getting used to it or becoming completely comfortable with it.  It sounds like being a leader isn't something where you sit back and wait for it to become easier or wait to be comfortable with it.  It sounds like something where you've gotta just go out there and do it.  Like President Kimball right? :)  "JUST DO IT"  I'll try to stop worrying about things and get out there and do the best I know how.  I also like what you said about delegating.  I need to stop feeling overwhelmed and that everything depends on me and start helping Elder Montemayor take charge as well.  Haha, I can totally see that I handle things the same way you do :)  Like mother like son eh? :o)  Thanks a bunch for your love and advice, I'll try and apply it better this week and let ya know how it goes :)

Haha, sounds like you're LOVING your job. I'm super happy for ya :)  Haha I wonder why you like hearing about missionaries so much?  It's like you've got one or something :o)  Hope things keep going fantiddlyastic for ya at work. Maybe by the time I get back you'll hafta fingerprint me haha.

Wow you're SO awesome mom!  Still running crazy to make sure your kids are SUPER happy.  That's a pretty intense Soccer/Baseball schedule you got.  And it sounds like Hunter's still shaping up to be our sports superstar :)  We'll just work on him until he becomes a professional something and we'll all live off his paycheck haha :)  Thanks for the stories and pics.  LOVE them :)  And now that you said Zach Williams' name and I can't place him it's going to drive me crazy the WHOLE week haha :)

Wow, tell Gma and Gpa thank you SOOOOOOO much.  Tell em sorry I ran out of time to email them but let em know I love them and appreciate all they continue to do for me.  Me and E. Sidillo split on utilities but I totally spaced that we had them when I left Panghulo.  So it's added up.  I'll make sure that Elder Montemayor forks up and pays half of it haha :)

Haha, nothing TOO epic happens on P-day.  Just Bball in the morning, e-mail :D, and finding random stuff to do until FHE at the Aro Family's house.  They're so cool :)  I'll try and get better at picture taking for ya... kinda slacked off... :o)  I'll let you know on the Mother's Day plan when it gets a bit closer and I know what's going on.  No Easter package yet but it should be here on Wednesday when we have.... Mission Tour again!  Elder Ardern of the 70 will be coming.  I'll let ya know how it goes.  No worries on SD's things are still great.  Nothin yet on walmart.com sorry, I'll try and get it on track for ya.

MAHAL KITA RIN! :)  Maraming salamat sa inyong pag-ibig at tulong sa akin.  Namimiss ko kayo LAHAT!  Lalo kayo inay, itay, mga minamahal kong kapatid, mga lolo at lola, at kamag-anak!
Can't wait to talk to ya on Momma's Day!
DA BEEJ

P.S.
The other 2 are a baptism for the other Elder's in our ward

P.P.S.
The other Elder's had a MONSTER pet spider for about a week.  They learned that spiders poop and don't eat dead cockroaches haha.

Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment